Day 72, Level 1: Omaha, nachos, and Notting Hill

Stunning weather again but I was working all day on laptop (at Omaha).  It could be worse - doors and windows all open, blue sky beyond, but I was literally at my desk (aka dining table) all day. Sometimes the glare is a problem with the screen, and I need to have the blinds down - but it's still a nice environment in which to work! I watered the fig trees, they are looking very healthy.

The Omaha Newsletter Summer 2020/2021 that I edit (and have done so since 2013) has now gone out. It's a meaty issue, double the usual size, with all sorts of local info. 

The lead article is about the founding families - of which mine is one. I thoroughly enjoyed researching and writing it, sifting through old memories, looking through photos etc. If you get round to reading it, I hope you get a sense of the Omaha of yesteryear!

https://omahabeach.co.nz/news-events/

I went to the beach at 6pm - the tide was quite low, the waves rolling in. There were a few people in swimming and the lifeguards were just packing up. The water was a bit chilly to start with but quickly felt warm. I didn't swim, just a paddle - up to my thighs!



Uh-oh, Sydney is in Covid trouble again, that's not good to hear. Nor does it bode well for an early trans Tasman bubble. 

One thing Anna said yesterday when she popped in after quarantine was how weird it felt to not have to wear a mask, to be able to hug people, to do kinda whatever you wish.

Nachos for dinner. With perfectly ripe fresh avocados that I bought in Katikati last week. I'd got a mix of hass and reid avocados. I prefer the reid, they're creamier and somehow more reliable. That's what got mashed and added to my nachos tonight. 

And then ...

SHARE-NOTE OF THE DAY:
Notting Hill ...

The movie (1999). I watched it tonight. For about the fifth time. While doing other things too. It's not an outstanding movie but it is one that I can watch again and again. I used to enjoy going to Portobello Road Market and went to the Notting Hill Carnival a couple of times. Good fun.

And tomorrow ... Ziggy (Saintly Way) runs at Te Rapa (near Hamilton/Kirikiriroa). I'll be there ...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Thirty - Celery, Michaels and Queenstown

Day Twenty-Eight (Wednesday 22nd April) - Cobalt Blue, Covid Test, and Resilience

Day 51, Level 1: For the love of Skiing, Heavenly Lake Tahoe, and Pita bread