Day 70, Level 1: Minutes, quiz, and ponga trees

It was another stunning day today and I had great plans to get into my studio - but they were stymied when I received (and took on) a request to do some Board minutes - remotely. And then another. So that was my day! There is nothing very exciting about any of this, but it was productive. And somewhat interesting.

In the evening I was invited to join another quiz team as they were light on numbers. Decided I would zip along. It was a game of two halves for us (the first half poor, the second one impressive). We came 4th.

SHARE-NOTE OF THE DAY:
The Ponga tree ...

The Ponga (or Punga) is a New Zealand native tree fern.There are several species - the fronds of one being the "silver fern". I do like pongas - they're like a native bush palm.

Here are some photos of them lit up - I think these were taken in Pukekura Park in New Plymouth during their Festival of Lights, where the whole park is lit up over the summer season. It's wondrous and the kids used to love it when we went down to visit Brett's mother. This was taken Christmas 2008.

 



 


 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Thirty - Celery, Michaels and Queenstown

Day Twenty-Eight (Wednesday 22nd April) - Cobalt Blue, Covid Test, and Resilience

Day 51, Level 1: For the love of Skiing, Heavenly Lake Tahoe, and Pita bread