Day 67, Level 1: Coffee Group, fig tree nurturing and Love Actually

I'm not quite sure why I'm still putting Level 1 in my headings, as the whole level thing is a bit redundant. But ... you never know when Level 2 might return to the equation. Let's hope it's actually never!

Met some of my coffee group friends this morning for brunch. There are five of us who still get together occasionally, when we can manage it. I think today is the first time this year we've managed it - there were four of us who could make it. We met when we were pregnant with our first kids ... who are now 27! It's pretty special. Had a great catch up. 

Then I drove to Omaha - neighbour Peter shared his "fig tree nurturing plan" with me in an attempt to get our three fig trees thriving. They'd been looking worse for wear thanks to high winds but Peter had them looking good again. With new foliage. 
The plan involved getting rid of all the grasses around the base of each tree - which required some heavy duty pulling up of roots etc - and putting some grass clippings around the bases like a kind of mulch. This will retain water - whether from rain or manual watering (which Peter has kindly been doing in our absence). So I pulled out the grasses this afternoon, and we'll sort the mulch stuff tomorrow. Excellent!

I had a quiet day, talked on the phone with friends, pottered about, made dinner - felafels with roast eggplant, butternut and kumara, served with spinach, avocado, pita bread and coconut yoghurt. Yum, but I made far too much!

In the evening I noticed that the film Love Actually was on so tuned in. I'm not sure if that was a good or bad thing ...
Good in that I can now say I've seen the film - I've never seen it before, although I have seen bits of it - those iconic clips like Hugh Grant dancing, Emma Thompson crying etc. People seem a little incredulous when I say I've never seen it and now I can't say that any more!
Bad in that I think I just wasted my evening! I now realise why I've never bothered to watch it before. 
No disrespect to anyone who loves it, but I simply cannot fathom how people watch it dozens of times! 
I definitely won't be one of them! Enough said. 

Here's a photo of a beautiful glass bowl in a gallery in Matakana ...


And here's a photo of a nicely presented coffee ... quite apt for the Love Actually theme!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Thirty - Celery, Michaels and Queenstown

Day Twenty-Eight (Wednesday 22nd April) - Cobalt Blue, Covid Test, and Resilience

Day 51, Level 1: For the love of Skiing, Heavenly Lake Tahoe, and Pita bread