Day 49, Level 1: Writing, Duder Park and fig trees

Well I barely left my laptop today. I have nearly completed the Omaha newsletter. A bit more writing and editing to do in the morning and then it can go off for review by the committee before being sent off for design and layout. It's been a mammoth few days doing little else but working on wordsmithing, research, writing etc. 

I'm glad I was up here because Brett had phoned last night to say the internet had gone down yesterday - I suggested it would be because of driveway works - and it was, they had cut the cable with the digger! He rang tonight to say it was fixed, but I simply couldn't have got by with no internet today of all days. 

So that's my third computer glitch - the first, my desktop dying; the second, my laptop mouse conking out; the third, internet problems at home. 

Actually last night he was also ringing to say that Indi had gone missing - he hadn't seen her that morning, nor in the evening. He was very worried as it's not her normal pattern - but she can be known to disappear off, just not for a long time. Usually I'm in and around at home in the day - and she sleeps most of it on a cosy blanket or in her fluffy bed! She'll pop in and out through the day, but doesn't stray far. She's very much a homebody of a cat. At home anyway. Up at Omaha she goes off for the whole day to her secret hidey place.

Anyway, while we were talking, she came home - so there was relief all round! She was meowing and purring and all was well. 

How's this for a fabulous photo - taken by friend Marie during a walk at Duder Regional Park in eastern Auckland. Views out to the Hauraki Gulf and Waiheke Island. Aren't the colours in this photo just fantastic!


I was down in the garden checking on our fig trees (see Share-Note below) - and took a photo of the house from the garden. An hour prior to this there was no blue sky and it was torrential rain!


We need to do some planting and landscaping - but with a potentially hot dry summer coming, it's not the best time to be doing that. So it will remain a bit spartan for a while yet. 


SHARE-NOTE OF THE DAY:
Figs ...

I love figs. They're one of my very favourite fruits. I have very fond memories of eating fresh figs for breakfast every morning when staying in a small village in south-west France years ago - fresh off the trees, drizzled with yoghurt. Yum.

Plus I love them with some blue cheese on top, into the oven to heat and melt. With balsamic glaze drizzled on top. Heaven. 

Sadly, our three fig trees that we planted a few months ago (the only planting we've done in the new era) are looking very much worse for wear. They were fine a week ago when Brett came up to mow the lawns, and we've had quite a bit of rain, and plenty of sun, so I don't know what's wrong. 

Neighbour Peter is going to take a look at them tomorrow - he's a garden guru. I'm gutted at the state of these.😞

One of the very sick fig trees!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Twenty-Eight (Wednesday 22nd April) - Cobalt Blue, Covid Test, and Resilience

Day Thirty - Celery, Michaels and Queenstown