Day 16, Level 1: Matakana river and weir, and Dinner on the deck

A bitsy day - mostly work. Went to Matakana mid-afternoon to get some supplies. A pleasurable outing. In fact, once I'd got my supplies, I drove down to the river (2 seconds!) and took a wander. I never go down there - because I can at any time of any day, so I don't! But today I did! Because I had a moment.

It was gloriously peaceful. There's a river, trees, a weir, ducks of all kinds, and no one around. It's really lovely.








River cruises are run when the tide is right and there's a heap of history around this river. 

SHARE-NOTE OF THE DAY:
Dinner on the deck ...

Tonight we had our first dinner of the spring/summer on the deck. Brett and Michael are up. I cooked a beef stir-fry and we had G&Ts outside on the deck (we did need the outdoor heater on, as there was a chill factor). We ate out on the deck and it was very very nice indeed! Shades of summer ...


Beef stir fry - served on my lovely Mallorcan platter from London friends Jill & Peter (who are right now in Mallorca - and there until February Why not!?)

Michael - not wanting to be photographed! 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Thirty - Celery, Michaels and Queenstown

Day 51, Level 1: For the love of Skiing, Heavenly Lake Tahoe, and Pita bread

Day 12, Level 3: Still in L3, lilac flower, romping dog and starry sky