Day 24, Level 2.5: WOW garment under way, Prosecco and a doughnut

A bitsy day, and a reasonably productive one.

I did make a start on my WOW garment - some prep work, cutting and shaping (tough going on tough material), a couple of coats of primer to the two main pieces. It was quite windy today, even at our place which doesn't usually get much wind, and I wasn't sure if I'd be able to do the primer stage as it involved spray painting undercoat. But down by my studio, in my spray painting section, barely a breath of wind. I used to do heaps of spray painting when working with masks and this area under the deck is perfect and sheltered. Primer coats complete.

So, after many months of creative thought and planning in my mind, today, Wednesday 23rd September is when I made a proper practical start on the thing. I'm under way ... no turning back! 

I won't give too much away at this point until it takes a bit more shape (could still be a dud, but I don't think so!) Followers of this blog will get to see sneak peek progress photos as I go!

Plenty of admin, writing and editing today. 

An eye on the races - had three friends with horses running. Two were down track but the other had a lovely win and they'll be thrilled.

I called over to friend Elaine's for a Prosecco around 5pm. Elaine was on the Moscow/Baltic trip with me. She lives barely 5 minutes away - and she has the most magnificent views of the Hauraki Gulf. Good to catch up finally. We talked about travel that's not happening and NZ destinations that are worth exploring. Turns out she was in Cambridge the weekend before me. We both agreed it's a pretty nice part of the country. Rural, sophisticated, unpretentious. Class and affluence with gumboots, farmwork and lots of horses thrown in!  

View across Remuera from Elaine's
Hauraki Gulf and Rangitoto Island

 

Great news - Our Ziggy has made the field for Saturday races and - yahoo - has a reasonable draw. Now just need to sort the jockey and we're all set for a fabulous day at the races - under a restrictive regime given we'll still be in Level 2. Looking forward to it, although we won't be able to wander through the stable area and chat with Frank the trainer. We'll be confined to a room and viewing area and we'll have to stay there. Oh well, that's ok, we'll be on course to watch our boy. Go Saintly Way on Saturday!

SHARE-NOTE OF THE DAY:
Doughnuts ...

I've mentioned my favourite doughnuts before, from the local bakery. And today I couldn't help myself - I simply had to have one - they are the best. Today's batch wasn't as attractive as usual and slightly darker - but the taste was as good as ever! Yum!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Thirty - Celery, Michaels and Queenstown

Day Twenty-Eight (Wednesday 22nd April) - Cobalt Blue, Covid Test, and Resilience

Day 51, Level 1: For the love of Skiing, Heavenly Lake Tahoe, and Pita bread