Day 52, Level 1: MailChimp and admin, and WOW

Sam's back in London after his short trip to Gran Canaria - and now he and Anna are in self-isolation along with the other couple they travelled with. Hmm, bad timing. They went away for a long weekend (had a great time by all accounts), and the rule came into effect while they were away - all travellers returning from Spain must self-isolate for 14 days. Bummer.

Today I got to grips with MailChimp, did some emails, admin, updates and a bit of writing. And applied for my new Passport! Optimistic, I know, but I simply can't be Passport-less!
I ought to have cleaned the floors but couldn't quite bring myself to do it! Tomorrow ...

SHARE-NOTE OF THE DAY:
WOW World of Wearable Arts show ...
Cancelled this year, but I thought I'd reflect back on and share pics of some of the garments I've had in the show over the past decade (8 in total).

I'll share a few today, and a few more over coming days. These two garments were in the 2011 show.

Hayfever Gone Haywire 2011 (Illumination Section)

This garment was made of foam fruit packaging! Neon colours so it glowed under the black light. It whirled out when the model spun around. It was displayed in the WOW Museum in Nelson for six months following the show.

Vivaldi's Muse 2011 - Open Section

This garment was made of artist's canvas and fabric and the torso from plastic mannequin parts. Decorated using traditional Venetian mask-making techniques! Lots of wire to create shape. And iridescent colour tones (hard to see in the photos).






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Twenty-Eight (Wednesday 22nd April) - Cobalt Blue, Covid Test, and Resilience

Day Thirty - Celery, Michaels and Queenstown