Day 46, Level 1: (Friday 24th July) Beach walk, onions and Mallorca

Just a short post today.

Brett played golf at Tara Iti Golf Course - he came home raving about it.

I did some writing and other work. 
It was another "10 seasons in one hour" sort of day - either howling a gale or as calm as anything; blue sky or black rainclouds. 
Went for a walk to the beach early afternoon during a blue sky phase; it was warm and lovely down there, no wind. Went for a wander, then headed home - and just in the nick of time, as a huge black cloud came over and dropped rain just as I got there.




I made a batch of caramalised red onions.
And then made a French onion style soup with some of them, and a fresh stock I made last night after lamb shanks. 
Dinner sorted. Yum!


SHARE-NOTE OF THE DAY:
Watched The Mallorca Files tonight for the firs time; a new cop show set on the island of Mallorca. The main characters - British female, German male - are total opposites who go about solving mysteries in lovely locations around the island! Elen Rhys is brilliant as the female lead. Having been to Mallorca several times makes it all the more watchable, my eyes on the lookout for places I've been. 
Light, enjoyable, whodunnit entertainment on a Friday night, with an extra layer of engagement.

Here are a couple of photos taken in and of Palma during a trip in October 2008.
A little side-story ... I went to Palma with friends Jill and Peter, we flew over from London and stayed at Peter's father's holiday home in the hills overlooking the city (from which the view is taken in second photo). 
The weather in London was warm and lovely when we left. 
A week later when we arrived back, it was SNOWING and freezing!
Thank goodness I'd spent some time in the Zara store in Palma and picked up a very nice and very cheap black winter coat in their sale! 
It was lightweight and I thought it would be ideal for Auckland winters. 
I hadn't envisaged that it would be a necessity for my final week back in London. Thank god for that coat, as I hadn't packed for snow when I'd left NZ! 
I have a feeling I had to wear it all the way home - no room in the suitcase and all that!
NB: I still wear that coat today - in fact I wore it just a few days ago! A favourite piece.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Twenty-Eight (Wednesday 22nd April) - Cobalt Blue, Covid Test, and Resilience

Day Thirty - Celery, Michaels and Queenstown