Day 45, Level 1: Garage sort-out, old sheets, and housework - slippers!

Busy morning working through stuff, mostly on the computer. I've been doing so much on the computer lately that my shoulders are feeling aggrieved! 
I even gave the house a quick vacuum today (so boring but utterly necessary!)
I went to the garage to pack up my car (to head to Omaha) - honestly, the garage was a shambles. It is quite full of boxes of my various WOW garments through the years, but somehow or other they had all toppled over and were all over the place. It wasn't like that yesterday! I'm not sure how this came to pass - whether this was on account of some wayward cat that got trapped in the garage, or Michael who came to get his ski gear last night! 
Whatever, it simply couldn't stay in such a shambles, so I set to work to sort it out. By the time I'd moved boxes, picked up sports gear all over the show, chucked rubbish stuff, rearranged "keep" things in better order, I was sweating and exhausted. Even though the day was actually freezing. 

During all this I discovered a heap of old sheets. It so happens that a couple of days ago a friend put a shout out for old sheets, towels, blankets etc for a dog shelter. I already had a bag of this sort of stuff amassed, so in went the newly discovered items. 

Packed up, headed north. Stopped at the dog shelter (it's en route) and dropped off my huge bag of goodies for their doggies to snuggle into, or whatever they do with it all. They were very grateful. And I was glad to offload it all for a good cause. 

The weather in Auckland wasn't pleasant during the day, and very windy, but by the time I got to Omaha, it was calm with blue sky. It was absolutely beautiful. I opened up all the doors and windows and gave the place a good airing; it's been a while since there has been no wind. 

Brett arrived a bit later. Wine, chat, cook. We enjoyed delicious lamb shanks and roast veges. 

Here's a photo from a few years ago, but it's rather lovely of a Pou at the end of a rainbow in Omaha. I took this photo back in June 2008, golly, 12 years ago!


And here's a sunset pic from the same time.




SHARE-NOTE OF THE DAY:
Housework ...
Is there anything more dreary? No.
It's never-ending, and it's also never-enthralling. 
You do it, because you must - and then it undoes itself in a jiffy just to spite you. 

I'm really not sure which is worse - vacuuming or dusting. 

Washing, ironing, cooking, dishes, sorting cupboards, cleaning coffee machines, cleaning bathrooms, even cleaning windows ... all that I can cope with. 
But vacuuming and dusting ... nightmare.

Here's a photo of something that might take care of both at once ... I saw these gorgeous cleaning slippers (called Sparkle Slippers - what!?) advertised in one of those mail catalogues things years ago aimed at seniors who inevitably buy all the gadgetry. I found these so bizarre I kept a photo of them. I wonder how many people actually bought and/or used them!!? 
I'd rather love to give them a test run, haha. But I'm pretty sure they'd be a health & safety hazard - imagine slipping and breaking a bone on account of wearing these in the name of housework!!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Twenty-Eight (Wednesday 22nd April) - Cobalt Blue, Covid Test, and Resilience

Day Thirty - Celery, Michaels and Queenstown

Day 51, Level 1: For the love of Skiing, Heavenly Lake Tahoe, and Pita bread