Day 14, Level 2: Tech stuff, Thai curry, and Sand Dunes in the North

Well I had my earliest start for some time - off to my first physical meeting since lockdown. A board meeting I was taking minutes for - I do a bit of contract work in this realm. It was hard to know what the traffic was going to do - it was pretty heavy, but I managed to scoot down and around some back routes and avoid most of the lights and queues and got there with good time to spare. 

This business works in the high tech space and it was a very full-on meeting. It was definitely well beyond my technical comprehension and I really had to focus. Keeping up with it all was quite a challenge as they rattled off tech-speak and concepts I couldn't, and won't ever, get my head around. I can't say I learnt heaps as most of it went over my non-techie head - but I certainly had my eyes opened to some of the complex and innovative things going on in the tech/energy/sustainability/climate  space! A small but very impressive group of individuals.  
Oh I do love getting a bit of insight into what's going on out in the world, in all sorts of areas. Confidentially of course!

I've covered a few Zoom and audio meetings over lockdown and, as I say, this was my first outing to an actual workplace in weeks. Felt odd - but at the same time, completely normal!

I was rather exhausted by the end of the meeting. 
Home to do some of my own work, prepare for some interviews I'm sitting in on next week and an AGM I'm running the following week - via Zoom for the first time (EGGS Old Girls related). I hope it attracts people from afar, with the limitations of having to go to an actual venue being removed.  We'll see. 

Did some ironing - I rather like ironing and it enabled my mind to untangle itself from all that tech stuff. It will, however, have to get back into tech mode again tomorrow when I tackle writing the minutes. 

Brett arrived home armed with a bunch of fresh veges and proceeded to make a very delicious Thai style chicken curry. He's never been a fan of Thai food much, but in lockdown he apparently made this quite a bit and created it again tonight! Perfect. I kept on ironing ...
He's a good cook and it was yum. And I'm glad he's finally come around to liking Thai curries! In fact, I was going to suggest we get Thai takeaways, as I LOVE Thai food and really felt like Thai tonight. We had home-made in-house instead. Perfect. 

Even though life really is getting back to normal, I'm going to keep blogging and aim to post at least a short blog every day if possible, for a while yet anyway. 

So, not only did I have the earliest morning for some time, I'm also going to have the earliest night for a very long time! Good night! (9.30pm!!!!)


SHARE-NOTE OF THE DAY
Today's beach photos were taken way up north - from a holiday we had with the kids back in January 2005 up at Ahipara in Northland. We hired a house and had a blast. 

Giant sand dunes at 90 Mile Beach, Northland.
Those are the boys way up there walking to the top. You walk up and can sandboard down.
We didn't have boards with us so the boys ran all the way down.
Those dunes are steep! It was quite a feat. An activity for the young and fit!

Ahipara - view from the house. What a splendid part of NZ.

Brett and Mike on a quad bike. Sam and I doubled up on another one. We went on a guided expedition into the Dunescape and it was incredible. Quite scary but amazing fun. We went all round the coastline (where people live in little shacks) to an expanse of remote desert-like dunes where we zoomed and careered around for ages.  Great memories. 


Brett, the boys and I have certainly seen a lot of New Zealand's beautiful beaches and coastline through the years.
Every beach is different and has its own character. Gorgeous! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Thirty - Celery, Michaels and Queenstown

Day Twenty-Eight (Wednesday 22nd April) - Cobalt Blue, Covid Test, and Resilience

Day 51, Level 1: For the love of Skiing, Heavenly Lake Tahoe, and Pita bread