Day Twenty-Eight (Wednesday 22nd April) - Cobalt Blue, Covid Test, and Resilience

A shortish post today.
It was the most splendid weather imaginable. Like summer, only better. Shame we can't swim.

Today felt more leisurely than most, due I guess to the weather - although I spent most of the day working away on my laptop.

I went for a fantastic beach walk around midday, my longest to date, and, for the first time since this whole thing, it really did feel "holiday-ish", for that hour at least.
Warm and beautiful - and the light was exceptional. Every shade of blue surrounded me.
The sky was cobalt blue one way, tinged with muted turquoise tones another.

Today was an autumn day as good as it ever gets. There were plenty of  birds and quite a lot of people out walking. There was someone in the water up to their waist - I think they were gathering pipi or tuatua.

Omaha Beach Photo of the day - At the northern end

A gull surveys the scene

Hibiscus beauty against a cobalt sky - stunning! - in a garden near the entrance to the beach

The rest of the day saw Michael and I at either end of the dining table tapping away. We've hardly sat on the lovely deck seating settings all lockdown, even though the weather has mostly been kind enough to enable this. We've been too busy, and that's fine, this is not a holiday. Until it felt like it today!

I looked at the wall clock at one point and said to Michael "Sure feels later than 3:30."
He looked at me as if I was mad and said it was 5 o'clock. Oh.
Realised the wall clock battery must have died. (I still tend to look at an actual clock rather than the time on my computer screen!) No wonder it felt later than the clock said!

When speaking with Brett early evening, he said he'd picked up a cold. Coughing, runny nose, sore throat ... aaargh sounds like Covid!
Must have got it from the supermarket, he thought.
To my great relief, he said he'd gone and got a Covid test as a precaution.
The numbers are encouraging but ...
He has to self-isolate until the results come back, could be up to 5 days, but probably less than that. Rugged up, lying low and feeling worse for wear.
More than likely to just be a cold. Maybe even more likely to be the dreaded man cold (which he gets often). Will wait to hear more ...

Quiz again tonight - an online podcast style one. Slow and too much ramble by the host etc, but we muted the banter and talked amongst ourselves. Did pretty well and it amused us for a while. We're doing more quiz during lockdown than ever before - that's all good!

Lunch: Pita pockets with pate, cheese, slaw etc
Dinner: Sirloin steak (medium rare), new potatoes, spinach salad with balsamic honey mustard dressing. Tasty. Mini eclairs for dessert. Yummy.
Michael and I both agree we've eaten well. And we haven't really been snacking at all. Too busy on our computers!

During the afternoon I worked some more on my book. Am getting into a bit of a rhythm with it now, and immersing myself into the realm. Long may it continue, so that this attempt at its completion comes to some type of conclusion - publication, or perhaps putting it to bed for good!

SHARE-NOTE OF THE DAY:
Resilience and Vulnerability ...

Here's a little video doodle I made to capture my thoughts around these two intriguing and interconnected concepts. Make of it what you will!




Comments

  1. Please let it not be the virus. And your photographs are fantastic, as I look at my greens and greys, your blues are stunning. (And your menu... drool! It sure beats chick peas and canned tomatoes, but it's my choice not to send out for more variation to my diet).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day Thirty - Celery, Michaels and Queenstown