Preparing for L-Day (Lockdown Day)

We are all now busy preparing for SISO = my self-coined term for Self Isolation!!

So where were you when you heard the news of impending lockdown?
Chances are you'll always remember.


Everyone is impacted.
We're all in a similar boat that has been set adrift and we're not quite sure where it'll end up.
As long as people don't panic and stand up and cause it to capsize, we'll get to the other side.

There is little traffic on the roads (yahoo).
The supermarkets are chaotic (stay away).
People are anxious and confused. And getting themselves sorted.

My son Sam is in lockdown in London.
My friend Anna is in lockdown in northern Italy.

My son Michael was due to go flatting this weekend - he'll hold off for the moment.
My brother-in-law is cutting short his NZ holiday.
My other brother-in-law is cutting short his Oz expedition.
Friends have cancelled holidays, postponed events, and are scrambling to get back to Auckland from around the country.

My Beyond Personal Travel Companion Service offering is on hold until things settle.
An Indian wedding Brett and I were due to attend in Fiji in June has been postponed.
As has my cousin's son's wedding in Central Otago.
The Spain/Portugal trip I was due to lead in July is postponed till next year.
Brett's planned sabbatical for later this year will be adjourned to next year. 

Having to put off a trip is one thing - but having to postpone a wedding is heartbreaking.

Meanwhile, SISOing at our family holiday house at Omaha is appealing!

SHARE-NOTE OF THE DAY:
Let me share some wonderful photos of Omaha that I took last weekend ... the photos say it all.

Evening perfection
Glistening seas
Twilight skies above Omaha
From the Shorebird Sanctuary
Omaha - Looking south







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day Thirty - Celery, Michaels and Queenstown

Day 51, Level 1: For the love of Skiing, Heavenly Lake Tahoe, and Pita bread

Day 12, Level 3: Still in L3, lilac flower, romping dog and starry sky